Posted on November 25, 2014 by oleanpubliclibrary
ATV Offroad Fury 4
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Bit. Trip Complete
De Blob 2
Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident
Rhythm Heaven Fever
The Last Story
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventure 2
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Filed under: Gaming | Tagged: Olean, Olean NY, Olean Public Library, Video games | Leave a comment »
Posted on July 12, 2011 by oleanpubliclibrary
Our video game collection is growing. We have added some Xbox 360 games (including a few Kinect games). 2 games per card are available on a 3 day loan.
The Xbox 360 titles we currently have are:
Adrenalin Misfits (Kinect)
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Dance Central (Kinect)
Kinect Adventures! (Kinect)
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
Soul Calibur IV
Super Street Fighter IV
Zumba Fitness (Kinect)
We also have added a few Nintendo Game Cube games:
Crash Bandicoot: the Wrath of Cortex
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure
EA Sports Madden NFL 06
Come in and check out our entire collection of PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, and Game Cube games!
Filed under: Gaming | Tagged: Library, Olean, Olean NY, Olean Public Library, Video games | Leave a comment »
Posted on November 3, 2010 by oleanpubliclibrary
Civil War: A Nation Divided
Final Fantasy XII
Guitar Hero Encore: Rock the 80s
Guitar Hero Metallica
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventure
Spider-man: Friend or Foe
We Love Katamari
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Cabla’s Big Game Hunter 2010
Disney Pixar Cars: Mater-National Championship
Real Heroes Firefighter
Rolling Stone Drum King
Samba De Amigo
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest
Filed under: Gaming | Tagged: Library, Library Gaming, New Games, Olean, Olean NY, Olean Public Library, PS2, Video games, Wii | Leave a comment »
Posted on September 25, 2010 by oleanpubliclibrary
We are pleased to announce our newest collection – video games! Based on an earlier survey of our patrons we decided to purchase PS2 and Wii games. There currently are ten titles for each system.
The titles are:
Crash: Mind over Mutant
FIFA Soccer 10
Gran Turismo 4
MLB 10: The Show
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Game Party 3
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
We will be purchasing and lending games rated E, E 10+, and T. Most games that appealed to our population (again based on the surveys) were games which were rated E or T. Individual titles will be purchased for the collection after consulting professional journals, ALA recommendations, and trade magazines such as Game Pro. Because of the time limitation on the circulation of the games, the collection will consist of games that can be played and “won” in a reasonable amount of time.
Why Video Games?
- Public libraries have a mission to provide a variety of materials in a variety of formats. Videogames are stories & information, presented in new formats. Libraries are about stories & information, not just books.
- Public libraries have a mission to provide cultural, recreational, and entertaining materials, as well as informational and educational materials. Games provide stories and information as they entertain and educate.
- Games meet developmental needs of teens established by the National Middle School Association they encourage social interaction between peers and non-peers, enforce rules and boundaries, encourage creative expression, reward competence and achievement, and provide opportunity for self-definition
- Games can enrich vocabulary and expose players to language roots e.g. fighting the flaming monster Incendius can plant the key to unlock the more ordinary word “incendiary” upon later exposure. Crone, spawn, inquisitor, hydromancer, lorekeeper, magister, elemental, tainted, and evocation are other examples of vocabulary builders that can readily be found in games.
- Although a gamer may follow a path laid out by a designer, they are often several ways to get to the endgame. Playing a game requires creativity and imagination.
Happy gaming everyone!
Filed under: Gaming, Uncategorized | Tagged: Library, Library Gaming, Olean, Olean NY, Olean Public Library, Video games | Leave a comment »
Posted on April 15, 2009 by oleanpubliclibrary
Please take a few minutes to fill out this gaming survey. Thank you!
(We also have paper copies available at the library near the computers and in the YA section.)
Click Here to take survey
Filed under: Gaming | Tagged: Library Gaming, survey, Video games | Leave a comment »