Olean Public Library in conjunction with the Chautauqua-Cattaraugus Library System is pleased to announce the addition of downloadable eBooks to our collection.
The collection may be accessed here. There is no charge for downloading the eBooks, all you need is your library card and PIN number. The books are available in EPUB or PDF format (depending on the title).
Patrons are allowed to check out 5 eBooks at a time but be aware there are no renewals. You may select a lending period of 7 or 14 days and early returns on eBooks are allowed. You can also place holds on titles which are already checked out. Titles automatically expire from your reader or computer, so there are never any late fees!
Adobe EPUB & PDF eBooks work with:
- Windows desktop, laptop, and netbooks with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP2, Windows 2000 SP4
- Mac desktop and laptop computers with OSX v10.6, v10.5, v10.4.10
- Barnes & Noble NOOK, NOOKcolor
- Kobo eReader
- Literati Reader
- Pandigital Novel
- Sony Reader
Adobe EPUB eBooks work with:
- Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
- Archos 5 Internet Tablet
- Cruz Tablet
- HTC Droid Eris, Incredible, Evo 4G, G1
- LG Ally
- Motorola Cliq, Droid, Droid 2, Droid X
- Samsung Galaxy S, Intercept
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini
Adobe EPUB & PDF eBooks WILL NOT WORK WITH:
- Aluratek Libre eReader
- Amazon Kindle, Kindle DX
To read Adobe EPUB and PDF books on a Windows or Mac computer and to transfer eBooks to a supported device, Adobe Digital Editions must be downloaded (available on the site). To read Adobe EPUB books on your Android or iPhone device, download the Overdrive Media Console v2.0 app. Adobe PDF eBooks do not work with these devices.
Troubleshooting FAQs & step by step instructions are available at our website.
EBooks are available 24/7, so now your library is always open!