Posted on October 16, 2012 by oleanpubliclibrary
The Olean Public Library is seeking a part time librarian to provide reference service and computer instruction.
- Provide reference and readers’ advisory service
- Provide instruction in both print and electronic resources
- Provide individual assistance and instruction, including one-on-one computer tutoring, to meet the needs and abilities of patrons using the library’s public computer center. Areas of instruction will include, but not be limited to, the following: basic computer skills; setting up and using e-mail; searching the Internet; and using Microsoft Office applications.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong public service orientation
- Tact and courtesy in dealing with the public
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to communicate library policies and procedures to the public
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Includes some evenings and weekends.
ALA accredited MLS and NYS Public Librarian Certificate preferred, but will consider a student enrolled in an ALA-accredited library school.
Position available immediately. Resumes accepted until position is filled. Send resume and cover letter to:
Olean Public Library
134 N. 2nd Street
Olean, NY 14760
Filed under: Employment, Uncategorized | Tagged: Library, Olean, Olean NY, Olean Public Library | Leave a Comment »
Posted on October 20, 2010 by oleanpubliclibrary
On October 20, 2010, the Olean Public Library launched Optimal Resume, a web-based program that allows patrons to create high-quality multimedia resumes and share them online.
Unlike creating a resume in a word processing program, Optimal Resume offers styled templates and easy formatting, along with industry-specific samples and instructions. All a user has to do is enter relevant information in structured categories (such as work history, educational background, and professional certifications) and Optimal Resume will generate a resume that can be downloaded to your computer, printed off, or published online.
Users can turn their resumes into professional websites, with the option to include links to their accounts on sites like LinkedIn and Twitter.
Patrons can also open themselves to job opportunities by submitting one resume into ResumeGPS, an employer-searchable resume database.
Optimal Resume also allows users to create portfolios of their written works, photography, presentations, or other projects. Users can also (with the necessary hardware) record a video resume, allowing them to make a positive first impression as if they were meeting employers in person. Both portfolios and video resumes can be included on users’ websites.
This service is offered completely free-of-charge. Because the service is web-based, patrons can access it from any computer by visiting oleanlibrary.optimalresume.com and using their library card number to create their account.
Filed under: Databases, Employment | Tagged: employment, job seekers, Library, Olean, Olean NY, Olean Public Library, resume | Leave a Comment »