Bernie retired after 25 years of service to the library.
These websites provide concise and up-to-date information about the H1N1 flu, prevention, and treatment.
Center for Disease Control http://www.cdc.gov/flu/ Influenza
Evidence-Based Information Portal http://www.ebscohost.com/flu/
Saint Bonaventure University http://www.sbu.edu/About_News.aspx?id=25628
If your home or business was damaged by the Aug 8-10 floods, you may be eligible for disaster aid.
To find out more, visit:
303 Court St
Little Valley, NY 14755
Open 7 days a week; 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Apply by Phone:
TTY 1-800-462-7585 (for the speech or hearing-impaired)
When you apply for disaster assistance please have the following available:
* Social Security Number
* Daytime telephone number where we can call you
* Address and zip code of the damaged property
* Directions to the damaged home or property
* Private insurance information, if available
Government disaster assistance covers basic needs only and will not normally compensate you for your entire loss. If you have insurance, the government may help pay for the basic needs not covered by your insurance policy. Some disaster aid does not have to be paid back, while other assistance may come in the form of loans.
1. Entries must reflect this theme: Reading the World
2. This contest is open to students enrolled in grades 6 through 10. Participants are limited to one entry and are expected to do their own work.
3. Entries are limited to 32 lines or less. Each entry must be typed on 8 1/2 x 11 paper using 14 point New Times Roman font. Students are welcome to use the computers at the Olean Public Library.
4. Judges are impressed by the use of elements of poetry such as use of detail, images, rhythm, metaphors, similes, and other types of figurative language. Rhyme should not dictate content. Punctuation, grammar, and mechanics count.
5. Entrant’s name, grade, school, AND TEACHER’S NAME must be typed in the lower right hand corner of each page. Individual entries should have a home address with telephone number and/or e-mail address.
6. All entries must be received at the Olean Public Library by October 30th. Whether mailed or delivered in person, envelopes should be addressed to “Friends Poetry Contest.” Mailed entries should be sent in care of the Olean Public Library, 134 N. Second St., Olean NY 14760.
7. Winners will be notified during the week of December 1. Awards will be presented the following week at the Olean Public Library.
We look forward to reading the entries!